[8 Things] Form & Seek
Form and Seek's co-founder Bilge Nur Saltik told us 8 Things.
1. What's the last thing that inspired you?
New tapestry artwork in the Detroit Institute of Art.
2. How would you describe your aesthetic?
Colorful, whimsical, fluid.
3. What does your daily routine look like?
We have catch-up meetings with the team every morning that include brainstorming for future projects. I normally try to block times on my calendar for new design projects so I can focus on creating. I teach in the late afternoons and try to keep my evenings calm and filled with things that feed my curiosity so I can refresh.
4. What are two hidden gems in your city?
All the rough neighborhoods have these old buildings waiting to be discovered. Free concerts in DIA's inner courtyard - not easy to find but worth it!
5. What is your favorite item in your closet right now?
I have a bright yellow dress that brings the sun into the room. Love wearing that.
6. What is the last thing you bought for your home?
Blue and Silver Ester & Erik candles.
7. If you wouldn't be a designer [doing what you're doing] what would you be? Or would have liked to be?
I could have been a photo stylist or event organizer. I realized they are still related to creativity but you can't take out design from someone’s genes :)
8. Do you have a secret talent?
My superpower is gathering people. I ended up curating shows with that talent.
Bilge Nur Saltik provided the images above.